Chinmaya Vidyalayas have been established all over the country under the aegis of the CENTRAL CHINMAYA MISSION TRUST, Mumbai, with the blessings of Poojya Gurudev Swami Chinmayananda. Swamy Swaroopananda, has assumed the charge of being the Vidyalayas’ Chief Patron and inspiration.
Swami Brahmanandji, the Regional Head of Chinmaya Mission – Karnataka motivates and guides the school, and he attempts to ensure a good tech-learn atmosphere. Chinmaya Vidyalayas at Kolar and Chokkahalli comes under the Karnataka Chinmaya Seva Trust, based at Bengaluru.
Central Chinmaya Mission Trust education cell which is also called as Vision Center for education is located at Coimbatore is guiding vidyalayas in each & every aspect. The vidyalayas are directed by a local management committee the committee members are experts and accomplished in their areas of specialization. The committee members are for policy making and smooth implementation of the activities and providing general supervision and guidance.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya at Kolar are unaided composite schools/college beginning from Nursery onward until the twelfth standard and imparts education in English Medium. The schools and college are recognized by the Government of Karnataka and adheres to the syllabus prescribed by the respective Boards.
CHINMAYA VIDYALAYA, KOLAR
The Vidyalayas are established on own land/buildings and The Chinmaya Vidyalaya , Kolar is situated in the town and it was started as a Kinder Garden School on 22nd May 1977. The school is an unaided composite school beginning from Nursery (Shishuvatika) to 10th standard and imparts education in English medium. The school is recognised by Karnataka State Education Examination Board, Government of Karnataka and the Code No. is CC0106 (Dis Code: 29190737203)The Present students strength is 2800. The total Teaching and Administrative staff strength is 131.
CHINMAYA GRAMEENA VIDYALAYA, CHOKKAHALLI
The Chinmaya Grameena Vidyalaya is situated in the Chinmaya Sandeepany Ashram, 7kms away from Kolar town. (Kolar-Chickballapur Road). The school was started in the year 1992 with a view to give good education to rural students. This school is also an unaided composite school beginning from Nursery (shishuvatika) to 10th standard and imparts education in English medium. The school is recognized by Karnataka State Education Examination Board, Government of Karnataka and the Code No. is CC0278 (Dis Code: 29190708202) The Present students strength is 900. The total Teaching and Administrative staff strength is 45
- To give a practical and judicious combination of academic excellence, extra-curricular pursuits, character building and personality development.
- To nourish children personality at the physical, mental intellectual and spiritual levels.
- To make the child an emotionally balanced person.
- To help the child to manifest his/her inherent intellectual capacities and enhance existing ones.
- To provide a wide exposure to the various aspects of our culture, cultural awareness and appreciation of the vast literacy, artistic and scientific heritage of India, explanations of customs and traditions, significance of festivals and cultural motivation through hobbies and projects
- To lay emphasis on intellectual kindling, independent thinking, creativity, skills, aesthetics, intellectual assessment and guidelines
- Enriching comprehensive skills such as listening, speaking, reading, writing and analyzing are encouraged.
- To fabricate self-confidence and an ability to express themselves assertively.
- Experiments, exposure to various discoveries and inventions are arranged periodically.
- To offer children, a value based holistic education on Indian culture, along with the feeling of patriotism and a universal outlook.
- To mould children into young men and women of moral strength who can face the challenges of modern life with a smile and make a difference in the world by their positive contribution.
- Aims at creating dedicated and committed citizens who take real pride in serving the nation
- To encourage the children to have an appreciation sensitivity and commitment to universal issues
- To help the child view himself/herself as a responsible part of the world, live in harmony with creation.
- To help children to face challenges in a positive and dynamic manner and contribute heartily to society.
CHINMAYA INDEPENDENT PRE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, CHOKKAHALLI
The Chinmaya Independent PU College is also situated in Chokkahalli. The College was started in the year 2015. The College is affiliated to Pre University Board, Government of Karnataka and the college code is MM225. The college is offering the following programs to students with key functional inputs and prepares them to pursue higher education in the chosen subject of specialization.
PCMB ( PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS,BIOLOGY)
PCMCs (PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY, MATHEMATICS, COMPUTER SCIENCE)
EBAS ( ECONOMICS, BUSINESS, ACCOUNTS, STATISTICS)
EBACs( ECONOMICS, BUSINESS, ACCOUNTS, COMPUTER SCIENCE)
Further, students could also choose to pursue other professional examinations such as NEET/CET/Chartered Accountant etc., The present student strength is 100 and the teaching and administrative staff strength is 14.